WARNOCK’S SUPPORT FOR JEREMIAH WRIGHT COMES UNDER NEW SCRUTINY: Warnock was, in his own words, ‘dispatched’ to defend Wright.
Georgia Senate candidate Raphael Warnock’s ties to Rev. Jeremiah Wright have come under scrutiny as his runoff is one of few remaining races determining the balance of power in Congress.
Warnock, also a reverend, notably praised Wright, a former pastor to Barack Obama, after his “God Damn America” sermon surfaced during the 2008 election cycle. Some Obama advisers worried at the time that the matter might sink his candidacy.
“No no no, not God bless America, God damn America, that’s in the Bible, for killing innocent people, God damn America for treating her citizens as less than human, God damn America as long as she tries to act like she is God and she is supreme,” Wright had said.
Warnock was, in his own words, “dispatched” to defend Wright after a tape of the 2003 sermon emerged.
And the hits just keep on coming:
● Warnock, 2009: Socialism is supported by Scripture, you know.
● Rev. Raphael Warnock dodges question on Fidel Castro ‘lovefest.’
● Warnock: Americans Must ‘Repent’ for Backing Trump and ‘Worship of Whiteness.’
● Omar Backs Warnock: ‘Nobody Can Serve God and the Military.’
● Georgia Senate Candidate Raphael Warnock, Continues To Spew Hateful Bigoted Comments.
Why, it’s as if: Democrat Senate Nominee in Georgia Runoff, Raphael Warnock, Is Beyond Radical.