PAUL WALDMAN: Americans don’t pay enough taxes.

Perhaps Mr. Waldman is unaware that the United States Treasury is more than happy to deposit any checks he writes to them over and above what he legally owes.

If he’d like to make a patriotic gift to reduce the publicly held debt, he can write a check to the Bureau of the Fiscal Service and send it to this address:

Attn Dept G
Bureau of the Fiscal Service
P. O. Box 2188
Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188

Or if Mr. Waldman would like to make a contribution to support current spending, he can do so with a check made out to United States Treasury and sent here:

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Funds Management Branch
P.O. Box 1328
Parkersburg, WV 26106-1328

After writing today that freedom “makes life more cruel and difficult” for most people, I’m sure he’ll get right on that.