WASHINGTON POST COLUMNIST, FACE THE NATION HOST STRICKEN WITH MYSTERIOUS CASE OF COLLECTIVE AMNESIA:
Appearing on CBS’s Face the Nation Sunday, Washington Post columnist David Ignatius blasted the GOP presidential candidates for daring to complain about the biased questions asked during last month’s CNBC debate.
Moderator John Dickerson teed up Ignatius by playing a clip of President Obama who mocked the Republicans’ debate complaints which prompted the Post columnist to declare the American public want someone who does more than “whines about media coverage.”
Really? Because for the last six years, we’ve seen constant headlines such as these:
- WhiteHouse.gov Plays Media Critic: Calls Krauthammer’s Washington Post Column ‘Wholly Inaccurate.’
- White House Defends Attacks on Fox News: ‘They Will Say Anything.’
- Video: White House Emails MSNBC During Joe Scarborough Show.
- Vice President Joe Biden accuses ‘people’ of very bad journalism.
- White House uses Twitter to bully critics.
- Sharyl Attkisson Testifies: If You Cross The Obama Administration, You Will Be Attacked and Punished.
Oh, and as a casual aside, John Dickerson, the host of Face the Nation, wrote a column at the start of 2013 for Slate, when it was still owned by the Washington Post, advising Mr. Obama to “Go for the Throat! Why if he wants to transform American politics, Obama must declare war on the Republican Party.” It carries the alternative headline, “Why Obama Should Seek To Destroy the Republican Party.”